May 22, 2008

summer vacation...

before...

Before we left for the summer, we needed to make our yard as maintenance-free as possible. We had two things to do: 1) plant hearty, resilient plants, 2) install a sprinkler system. Jon, bless his heart, thought he and his dad could install the system over a weekend for about $500...hmmm, not quite.



during...

We found a guy who would install the system for cheaper than we could buy the materials. Nice guy, somewhat slow, but a great guy. However, when he cut into the water main to install the stop-and-waste (I learned a lot of new terms), it created a leak in a different part of the main, causing a huge problem. Because it's an old house, there was really nothing to do but replace the entire water main...and destroy our backyard.



end result...

Two weeks and $4,500 later

7 comments:

sadie said...

Looks great. I wish I lived there now.

And who washed those windows? They look amazing.

King Family said...

Your house looks super cute!

Sister West said...

Great job, Megan and Jon
It looks great

Tiffanie said...

Are you serious? $4500? ayayayay!!!
You guys did a great job though. Wow. So much work. I look at the picture of your yard turned into mounds of dirt and it stresses ME out. I can't imagine how YOU felt!
Looks awesome. I'm really impressed.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Your house is so cute! And your yard looks awesome.

Courtney McKay said...

Cute house, and your yard looks awesome!!