A few thoughts about the last little while...
- I love it here.
- I get lost all the time. The other day I went out, yet again, looking for a store that I had been trying to find for three days. I made another wrong turn, so I stopped to turn around and back track. Ethan, noticing what happened, said, "Mom you don't find store? Silly Mommy."
- Now, anytime we make it back to the hotel Ethan very triumphantly says, "WE MADE IT."
- I absolutely miss family.
- I get lost all the time.
- I have found that a good portion of the people here are not used to children...especially two young ones. When I go out with my kids, anywhere, it is always interesting. I enjoy the humorous looks I get from bystanders. My personal favorite is the look I get from people as they stand and watch me open a door and struggle to maneuver my "wide load" double stroller through. My kids nearly loose a foot each time I do this...but hey, who needs feet?
- I now consider shopping exercise.
- I have had at least 20 people say to me, "Wow, you've got your hands full." I want to give them an ear full.
- Granted, most the time I hear this is when I've been walking out of a store with a screaming kid in each arm.
- I have on more than one occasion left my shopping cart full of things and walked out of a store. One time I did this and accidentally left Thomas (the train) in there. I left my kids in the car, ran back in, grabbed Thomas and booked out. I bet the cashiers still wonder what I shoplifted.
- In all actuality, I have met some really great people that have nothing but nice things to say about the boys.
- Ethan misses home. The other day we were getting in the car and he said, "Let's go home. No hotel, just home."
- I get lost all the time.
- We are in a great Ward.
- I love living in a hotel. No lie.
- I am not sure if I'm going to come home.
- But if I'm being honest, I really miss home.
- I got completely wasted by a pregnant woman and a mature (ok, old) woman at my spinning class.
- The zoo in Florida is "punk". That's what an 8-year-old boy told me.
- The weather is absolutely unpredictable. Which actually makes it really quite fun.
- But when it's hot, it is miserable.
- There is fabulous shopping.
- But my husband was raised by a banker...
- ...So I've become a really great window shopper.
- Ethan loves the swimming pool. He cried the other day when I said it was time to get out. A young boy (maybe 7 or 8 years old) that was swimming asked me if Ethan threw tantrums a lot. I said it was only his second time.
- We miss everyone so much.
8 comments:
We love you and miss the boys.
I love this post Megan. You are so cute and so are the boys. Do a little shopping for me. I'd love to join you. Miss you all. A special "Hi Effen" from Finn.
You have me hooked. Now I want to hear the whole story on all these one-liners.
We miss you, too. Can't wait to visit and see you again.
Hi Megan-
Hey, welcome to the area. Sorry it took me so long to respond. There are so many fun things to do with kids here. I hope you have playgroup in your ward because I'm sure they have great activities planned. One thing I think your boys would enjoy would be Clemyjontri Park in Mclean, Va. It is a drive, but it is seriously the coolest park ever.
You are so funny, this post makes me laugh. I would love living a hotel for 1 reason.. NO CLEANING. Nice.
haha. I can always count on your for comic relief. We miss you guys. I'm glad you're having a good time. Good luck finding the store.....fourth time's a charm?
Hey, sounds like things are going well. Mariah and I both miss seeing and talking to you guys. Tell Jon, Ethan, and Will hello for us.
Great laugh aloud post! Glad to hear that you are enjoying things (for the most part) back in the wonderful land of VA. So, what ward are you in?! I think that the shopping is fabulous as well, but I also married a finance guy and so window shopping is a lot of what I do, that or I buy something just to get the fill, and then take it back. Weird I know, but sometimes it does feel nice just to have bought something...even for a few days. I'm looking forward to that part of the ending of school...not so much guilt while shopping :)
Post a Comment