Sep 23, 2008

what stinks?...

Lately, Ethan has been afraid of EVERYTHING. I constantly find myself having to turn off the t.v. because every show (except Thomas, mind you) is simply too scary (especially Dora, he can't stand Swiper).

The other day we were walking home from the park and Ethan heard our neighbor's dog bark. He immediately stiffened up and covered his eyes. When I asked him what on earth he was doing, he said, "I'm hiding, from the dog." Oh brother. Luckily, as we made our way passed the dog, he realized and said, "that wasn't too bad." I hate to say it, but the kid needs to toughen up.

So today when I went to change his diaper...yes, my almost three-year-old is still in diapers. Which actually brings up another fear...the toilet. Terrified. Absolutely, terrified. Anyway, while I was changing his diaper he started covering his eyes again. Are you kidding me? Getting very annoyed with the whole fear thing, I said, "Ethan, why are you covering your eyes? Are you scared?"

"No, it stinks."

"Then why are you covering your eyes?

Again, "It stinks."

"Then you should cover your nose."

"No, I cover my eyes."

Oh-kay. I suppose it's time for a lesson on the five senses.

15 comments:

Joni said...

He sure is cute! Tyson is a lot like that but most of the time it is just with loud noises such as the vacuum or blender. I have to tell him each time I turn them on or he is in tears. I think they will grow out of it right? :0)!

kevin and angie said...

That is too cute!! It is interesting the things they are afraid of, isn't it? Our little Andrew sometimes gets scared because he says he sees monsters. So I tell him that they went bye-bye. Now he just goes, don't worry, the scary monsters went to sleep at the cabin!! Anyway, your boys are so cute!! They are at fun ages right now, and cute to see them together!

sadie said...

I agree. When a kid is old enough to be disgusted by his own diaper, then he either needs to be potty trained or change it himself. Good luck with that.

Matt and Emily said...

Hey Megan- It's fun to hear from you & see what adventures you guys are having. Your boys are both so dang cute! We too are still doing the diaper thing for Owen & I seriously am not a fan, seriously. Well, anyways, hope things are going well for you guys.
-Emily

Courtney McKay said...

too funny, I swear all kids go through this stage, last summer it was Peyton's turn he was scared of everything, now he is extremely fearless!! He will grow out of it!!!

Anonymous said...

megan he is so cute! Amalia has been learning about the 5 senses in school this week. they have been doing all kinds for fun things to find out what does what.

Simply Be Photo/Melissa said...

he's a funny little guy! my boy is afraid of bugs and any sort of stuffed animal that doesn't look like a farm animal. but i'm sure like everyone else says he'll grow out of it. :)

Kari said...

Don't give up on the potty... mine barely made it before 3 and it was a miracle.

utahmigs said...

I can't believe Ethan is almost 3! Time flys! It is always so fun to look at your blog. Nice Job :)

rigbyspot said...

Your blog is very entertaining especially all of the Ethan stories! He's a crack up like his dad!

Gardner's said...

That is really funny!! Hey, sorry I have been lame!! I totally intended to email you and I don't know what has happenend!! I hope you guys are doing good and email me (jezmoe@hotmail.com) I would love to help you with anything!! Jess (ps-sorry I am so slow!)

Michelle H. said...

How funny! Kids say the cutest things. I'm sure that being scared of everything is just a phase!

Tiffanie said...

Ethan is such a cute kid with the best personality!!! We miss you guys and need to get together soon!

Anonymous said...

MEGAN!!! Hey! I'm so glad that you found me! Your little family is darling! You look amazing and so happy. It's good to see you in a weird internet sort of way! ha hah a!! I need to finish reading your blog so I can figure out what you guys are up to. Have a great day!
Love ya! Tell JonWard hi for me!

Camie said...

Hey hows everything going I cant believe how big your boys are! They are cuties. Well I have started this whole blog thing so I thought I would send you the site. www.mattandcamieclark.blogspot.com
Hope everything is going good for you and your Fam!