Oct 20, 2008

my son, the bully? no...

I don't know where it is coming from, but Ethan has turned into quite a bully. He has been kicked out of nursery, put on "time-out" in nursery for making another boy bleed, gone up to a random kid and in his words, "kicked that crying baby", and a number of other unmentionable things. We have been scrambling trying to figure out what's going on with him.

The other day we were driving to Josh and Layne's house for dinner. In light of our recent battles with this aggression, we were talking to him about good behavior. After a long spill about being nice, Jon said, "Ethan, we know you can do it."

I piped in with, "I know you can do this Ethe. I know you can. I know, because you are Superman."

Very annoyed, Ethan countered, "I am NOT Superman. I AM a kid."

Smart kid, actually. He's already figured out: if you keep expectations low, there's less disappointment in the end.

Ok. Point well taken.

12 comments:

sadie said...

Good call, Ethan. That's what I need to tell myself when I don't get anything done...I'm no supermom.

Tiffanie said...

He IS such a smart kid. That's so funny. Boy, Chloe sounds like she's on the path to being just like Ethan....it's only a matter of weeks until she gets time out in nursery. Let me know if you figure out a solution.

rigbyspot said...

How funny! Will you please forward all that you figure out in parenting him to me? ;)

Camie said...

Hey Cruz sounds pretty close to the same! He had this thing about pinching and pulling hair! So we never dared even let him go to nursery for awhile.:( But he has grown out of that and is now on to pushing mostly just his little brother ahhh the joins of parenting:)!!! Good luck!

Jen Jarrett said...

Megan! That is the best story ever! I realized I have been getting to your blog through Melissa & jake's. I looked for it again for a while and couldn't find it till I went to their's again. LOL. Anyways, I love the story of Ethan! He sounds SO CUTE. I am sure that you are always entertained! Haha. "kicked that crying baby..." I love it!

Joni said...

So cute! I love it. Now I don't know if I want to hang out with your boys!!!! -jk- We would love it I think that we will be coming in December and will be home for about a month lets really get together. My boys are tough...I think.

erin gale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
erin gale said...

megan! hi! i just saw your message on my blog about biking in provo canyon. (it takes me awhile - i'm a delinquent blogger.) next time i'm in provo canyon i'll let you know. your boys are soooo cute! i sure hope all is well with you. it's good to hear from you.

utahmigs said...

Hi Megan. Ethan is too cute to get kicked out of nursery! :) I am sure it is just a thing kids go through.. right? When I found out I was having a boy, I heard all kinds of horror stories and they all said they grow out of it. I love your cute little family picture. Hope all is well down there.

Shauna said...

It's always good to know that I'm not the only one that suffers this way. I worry all the time about what they'll do next to cause damage to another child. Sylus still surprises me with the things he says to people and he's five. When will the difficult behavior end? Hmmmmm.....let me know if you find something that works. I could use it.

Courtney McKay said...

They say smart kids are bullys!!! I'm sure he will grow out of it!! And seriously I would do something to get kicked out of nursery!! He is too cute to be a bully!!

Camie said...

hey megan I love your header that picture is so cute. you asked if I get asked ever if Cruz and Cannon are twins? ALL THE TIME! And they look Nothing alike! But I always think yeah I know Cruz is small but he is talking like a five year old and Cannon is like a caveman its so funny! :) SO you get it all the time too huh?